Monday, January 08, 2007

"You're never too old for space camp..."

Big News!

Yesterday, the ever elusive Helen Manning herself called the store to ask why her c.d. sales were down. She apparently was not a very nice person, and said about Alberta, "I thought this was the money province". I asked Judi why she didn't give Helen my home number, so I could ask Ms. Manning why she is such a loser. For those of you who don't remember my previous rants about Helen Manning, she is a woman who sells value priced c.d.s that are cheap because they are so crappy. We keep getting boxes and boxes of them, and we really don't have anywhere to put them. I am actually pretty surprised that Helen is real, I thought it was just a cover name to avoid all of the Chapters staff who have a hit out on her life. The only thing I do know about her is her apparent deep and abiding love for Tom Jones (and I don't mean the 18th century novel by Fielding). I mean "What's new Pussy cat" himself. There are more Tom Jones albums in the Helen Manning collection than we could possibly sell. Ah, C'est La Vie!

We had a great week-day eve last night with new people, too! We played "Catchphrase" which I LOVED!! We also played "Mad Gab", and I do have to acknowledge that Braden just might be the king of that game. I'll just have to placate myself with my mad "Boggle" skills...
The fireseide was really nice, and I got to be my Dad after with all the socializing. I had a fun encounter with Steven Morton, who, let's be honest, I don't know very well. He said he really enjoyed watching me sing. Hmmmm. Not really sure how to take that... Anyway, he invited me to his recital, which I will be attending with...Andrew. Yay, I foresee much muffled laughter and a permanent elbow in the ribs.

No comments: