Sunday, November 26, 2006

And since we've no place to go...

Welcome to the coldest day yet!!

I will be the first to admit that my blood thins out during the summer, and so the first cold days are always a little difficult. Also, like all junior high students, I have some sort of aversion to my winter coat. (uhh! it makes me look fat and I like hate it!!) All this being said, I do like winter. When my body catches up to my love of snow, I love the winter accessories, I love the snow, and I love the coming in out of the cold to a warm house. Oh, and can we say hot chocolate, fires, blankets, slippers, caroling, tobogganing, dogs in sweaters, rosy cheeks, 3 blankets on my bed, not having to worry about over-heating...

Yesterday was the Institute Concert. I was billed as the "Guest conductor", an auspicious title for someone who was just leading one of the pieces while the conductor played the organ. Actually, it went very well, and I got to get a new shirt. Isn't it funny how new clothes will brighten any occasion?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Any carol...except those that mention figgy pudding.