Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A hodge-podge

So, I have started to kind of get into Hockey. Well, I am not memorizing players, or buying stupid amounts of paraphernalia, or wearing jerseys, or even watching any games. I am checking the rankings of all the teams every day, and making some friendly predictions about who will win each game that is played. I was right about 4 out of 6 of the games last night - find me a bookie, its time to make some cash!!

Also, for your information, San Jose is #1 in the western division, and New Jersey is leading in the east. (New Jersey!!!)

Last week I had a session with a personal trainer, Kloe, at the gym here at the College. She had done up a program for one of my students, and she is really nice. I signed up, and she developed a program for me to work out. To prepare, I have been doing about 15 minutes of cardio for the 3 weeks. Now, my program is 5 days a week, an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 40 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I did my first hour long yesterday (20 minutes or cardio and 40 minutes of weights and core strengthening). I will tell you that it was ridiculously hard, but I got through it by sheer will and a lot of anger.

I was having a really bad day yesterday, pretty mad about a lot of things. I realized I was a bit out of control after I pulled a Jessica and threw the proverbial glass of apple juice (in the form of a strongly-worded facebook message) into the face of someone else who didn't really deserve my anger that day. (Well, he kind of deserved it). When I went to the gym , I channelled that anger, and after I was done, I had a most relaxing and peaceful evening.

Anyway, along with my gym routine, I have decided to change my eating habits as well, and follow the Canada Food Guide. I think it will be a bit of work at first, figuring out serving sizes, but its not really a diet, more a healthy lifestyle change.

Please wish me strength and will power. Heaven knows I am going to need it.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I'd say that I demand a new blog, but Jess has reminded me that in less than a week we get non-stop freestyle blogging! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

You are amazing...I need to work out. I am determined to follow your lead.