Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I love a piano

If my blog is looking different these days, it is because I am experimenting with the different applications, etc. I am having a difficult time with it because my new template isn't as easy to manage. Also, I am technologically slow, so what would take a normal person a few minutes takes me at least an hour.

Kill me!!

This past weekend was the Sarah Slean concert in Calgary. It was my 4th time seeing her, and I definitely enjoyed it as much as the other times I have attended. For me, her voice gets more rich and interesting with each concert, and I actually prefer her with just the piano. The intimacy of just singer and piano makes it more of an emotional experience, and her mad keyboard skills bring out the sound of all the absent instruments. I have always preferred music more acoustic, though.

She played a variety of songs, including some covers by Leonard Cohen, Dolly Parton and my favorite, a song called "Black Flowers" by Lynne Miles.

It was especially fun to meet my Internet friend, Laura. She mentioned that it was weird to officially meet someone when you read their blog, and so know all about their life. It really wasn't awkward at all, and I too look forward to real-life friendship.

No comments: