Monday, February 05, 2007

Who needs love when you have an iPod?

I am in love with my iPod! Seriously, it is up and running, and I am obsessed with listening to it. It's so pretty and it has so much music on it. I now have no need for friends or family because I have my tunes!

I have been having a great time in Edmonton with Sam Roberts(on) and with everyone else. It is nice to run away from real life for awhile, and Denise has been keeping me updated of the important stuff. (No matter what he says, I truly believe that Crazy's name is Kevin. I know it, and am not to be dissuaded from this belief)

In response to Braden's query, I am in two minds about bands "showcasing" their songs on t.v. shows. I am in favor of it because I have been introduced to so many amazing artists from various t.v. shows. Back in the day, Dawson's Creek featured a lot of "indie" musicians. I am eternally grateful to this controversial show for bringing me Sarah Slean and the beautiful/haunting "My Invitation". I also have gotten tons of great music from "Scrubs", especially Colin Hay.

However, the songs sometimes tend to be eternally tied to the t.v. show. For example, on the cover of "The Fray's" album, there is a large sticker saying "Listen for 'How to save a Life' as featured on Grey's Anatomy". Suddenly the music becomes an advertisement for the show. When it all becomes about promotion, I am a little disheartened.

I am watching "Scrubs" at this very moment - what an amazing show. By the way, if anyone feels like they need to buy me a present just 'cause I'm so cute and wonderful, Scrubs season 4 would make an ideal gift. It would really round out my collection. Thanks!

No comments: